Friday, December 29, 2006


Sunday 24th December 2006 - CHRISTMAS EVE

Wow, another year has flown by, and once again, I am visiting the allotment on Christmas Eve to gather veggies for the big day. Daughter number one came with me to keep me company and it was lovely. We giggled and got muddy and gathered loads. I was chuffed to see the plot still looking in tip top condition.

We dug parnsips - 'gladiator', carrots - 'Kingston', leeks and a celeriac - 'alabaster'. We cut a nice bowl full of sprouts, not as many as last year, they seem to be really late for me this year, but there will be enough for dinner. Also gathered brussel tops, cavalo nero kale, bright lights rainbow chard and plenty of romanesco brocolli. Cut a nice big bunch of flat leaf parsley to make chestnut and parsley stuffing with and we both enjoyed a suprise treat.......raspberries! Couldn't believe my eyes to see them hanging there, like Christmas jewels.

Once the children get back to school in January I will be able to spend more time on the allotment and get ready for the new year. I certainly have plenty of seeds to get sowing!

Jobs outstanding - rebuild the fruit cage!

No comments: