Sunday, March 14, 2010


Sunday 14th March 2010 - Weather: blue skies and sunshine

Happy Mothering Sunday

Being Mothers Day, I had a completely guilt free day in my own back garden today, joy of joys. It meant, at long last, I was able to start sowing seeds for the allotment. I didn't do everything, as I ran out of potting compost, but at least it's a start, and I feel much happier now. So, sown today was:
Broccoli - Red arrow
Calabrasse - Marathon
Cabbage - Golden acre
Broad Beans - Longpod
Celeriac - Brilliant and Alabaster
Dahlia - pompom mix
Spring onions -Paris silverskin and White lisbon
Brussel Sprouts - Brilliant
Kale - Cavalo Nero and mix
Mixed salad leaves
Sweet Basil
Leek - Goliath
Verbascum nigrum
Sweet pea mix
Perpetual spinach
Cauliflower - All year round.

I can also confirm that chitting away merrily in the conservatory are Bambino, International Kidney, Maris Piper, Rooser, Dunbar Standard and Pink Fir Apple.

I have Friday off work, and come hell or high water, it will be an allotment day. I hope to get the spuds in over Easter weekend, so I need to prep the ground and generally just tidy through. I have to say, spending the day in the garden today, with the sun shining down, and flowers poking through everywhere, I could really sense that spring is well on it's way, at last!!

No comments: