Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday 23rd February - Weather: Snowing!

Come on! Snow! I mean!! Seven years ago, my darling and I were preparing for our wedding day, the anniversary of which will be next Monday, and it was a glorious hot, sunny day! However, this time 36 years ago, my mum and dad were preparing for their wedding day, and yup, you guessed it, there was snow on the ground.

Anyhow, this is only a quick note to myself really to remind me that today I sowed, in Jiffy number 7's, basil, iceburg lettuce, arctic spring onions and brocolli early romanesco. They are now in the conservatory with my other seeds.

And although I haven't sat down and written a complete list, if memory serves me correctly, germinated are spring onions, celeriac, lots of tomatos, mesyabrytheums (sp???), spring cabbage, peas, broadbeans and the first of number one sons sunflowers is up! I will sit down properly and do a list...famous last words!

A beside the point note, the mummy hamster now has litter number 2, just 2 weeks after litter number 1 went to the pet shop. It is official now, they will all be kept seperate. The babes are only a week old but she is quite happy to let me take a little peek, and I would say there are at least 6 babies.

No comments: