Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Tuesday 4th May 2010 - weather: overcast and chilly

A flying visit to the plot this afternoon, only from 12.30 until 2 as I was working in the morning and had to do a couple of chores before collecting the urchins from school. I really need to press on and get the brassica bed limed and covered in weed suppressing membrane, and the same with the squash corn bed, but rather than lime, a good thick layer of manure needs to go under the membrane. Well, today I managed to weed and lightly fork over the squash bed and humped 5 wheel barrows full of manure from one side of the allotment site to the other and dumped it on the bed. I will need to do at least another 5 journeys to get a decent covering, but I ran out of time. Hopefully next week I will have a couple of hours on the Monday to get to the plot, and a full day on the Friday so I should be able to get both beds sorted, the last of the spuds in, and the brassicas in.

To say I am knackered this evening would be an understatement.

No comments: