Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday 24th January 2006 - Weather: Blooming freezing! -3 on the thermometer!

I was kinda hoping to get out in the front garden this morning and start cutting back and clearing up, I have noticed the crocuses all poking their noses through, so thought I should get to work, but the frost is still thick at 10am so it seems a little daft, plus, I don't want to start hacking back dead top growth, exposing new lovely soft growth to the elements!

So, plan of attack for today, tidy the house, do a spot of hoovering, then make a batch of paper pots and sow some more tomato seeds. I nipped out into the conservatory to jot down the spud varieties I have and spotted this glorious flower starting to open, and there are 5 more spikes to follow!

Potato varieties for 2006:
Pink Fur Apple
Orla
Kestrel
Lady Christl
Sante
Valor

We are going to a potato day in Suffolk in February and I plan to pick up a selection of more unusual spuddies.

Tomatoes sown to date:
Taxi
Costi. Fior. (Beefsteak)
Sweet Million (cherry)
Great White (large white)
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Galina (cherry)
Mississippi Pink Love Apple
Palla di Fuoco (plum)
Orange berry (orange cherry)
Omar
Golden Queen (yellow)

No comments: