Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wednesday 25th January - Weather: FFFRRREEEZZZIIINNNGGG!!!

I fear I am loosing the plot! Minus 3 on the car thermometer, and yet I still trundled off to one of my gardens. Couldn't do a lot, trimmed the grass edges around all the beds and borders, and pottered and tidied. No chance of digging as the ground was like a brick! So, came home early and will make the time up next week. Made some gorgeous lemon jam/jelly/marmalade, followed by sausage casserole for tomorrows supper, finally followed by banana, chocolate and pecan loaf. Then did a spot of seed sowing. Started 10 different peppers and chillis. (I will write down the names and get them listed tomorrow) These are sown in tiny plastic pots, 2 per pot. And because I am the worlds most impatient person, I pulled out a pea seed to see if there were any signs of growth...and there wasn't! PAH! Only to be expected of course. They haven't been in the compost for a week yet. Wonder if the broad beans are growing? Camera is on standby for the first birth of the year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you soak the peas and beans before planting them as they'll start shooting earlier?

Emma Jane said...

No, I have tried soaking before but then find they rot away! Sometimes I am a touch heavy handed with things like that.